Seriously clueless

India, private equity and more ...

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Meet yet another Flocker

If all Bangalorians are like Honey, I pity Americans about to graduate college. They're up against a hungry, polite, Excel-proficient Indian army. Put it this way: Honey ends her emails with "Right time for right action, starts now!" Your average American assistant believes the "right time for right action" starts after a Starbucks venti latte and a discussion of last night's Amazing Race 8. - Smartmoney.com: Esquire Magazine: My Outsourced Life

My first post from Flock. It been all of two hours, and Flock rocks already!

I visited a BPO set-up in Hyderabad earlier this week, and it felt scarily close to what AJ Jacobs writes in My Outsourced Life. I too met with a set of hungry, polite, computer-savvy and extremely competent people who had honed mundane tech-support activities into a fine art. Including an in-house software tool that allows clients to monitor any of their agents' calls real-time over the internet and tag live feedback to the call-transcript. This feedback is in-turn used in training and performance improvement. At one level I felt sorry for agents who had to live with every minute of their work being monitored by big-brother. That apart, I left feeling that the world would never be the same again, after the take-over by these hordes of young, motivated, tech-enabled agents striving to achieve customer service nirvana.

6 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Blogger Hemant said...

Hey,
good to see you liked flock!
On 2nd thought to me, it is not bad either, it is jst im emotionally attached with FireFox now ... :)

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantasitic!

Just downloaded my copy.

Web 2.0 now enjoys its very own browser.

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flock's good, but somehow seems like a Yahoo! backed attempt to recreate Mozilla (the search field for example). What I do miss in Flock for one is the Ajax extenstion available for Yahoo Mail to Firefox. Being able to preview your mail whilst in the Inbox is something !
Blogging whilst in Flock on any page makes the other browsers look and feel so last century definitely!!

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Share and Earn said...

I was working and suddenly I visits your site frequently and recommended it to me to read also. The writing style is superior and the content is relevant. Thanks for the insight you provide the readers!
Intraday Nifty Future Tips

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Invest In Property said...

Excellent post.I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Buy Property

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Download Theme template said...

nice post, thank you
Download Theme template

 

Post a Comment

<< Home